Going from 1 to 2 gloves

emmiesix

Going from 1 to 2 gloves

Post by emmiesix »

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but how are people going about having two devices? So far I have built one glove, but it wasn't clear to me in the papers whether the two hands are separately stimulated (like completely separate units) or stimulated at precisely the same time but different order, say, or what. I think it's the latter, but is that really important? My design will have to change a bit to drive two gloves with one arduinio-compatible microcontroller.
bbadm
Site Admin

Re: Going from 1 to 2 gloves

Post by bbadm »

Most of the DIY makers have a stimulation program for 4 channels.
These 4 channels are duplicated to 8 channels :
Whether inside the controller by outputting it twice to 4, being 8 outputs.
Whether by connecting 2 actuators in parallel per output on 4 outputs. It is obvious that these 4 outputs must be designed so they can electrically drive 2 actuators in parallel.

Most of the DIY makers duplicate the channels in a mirrored fashion. Meaning that the same fingers are stimulated at the same time.
In case of Jitter implemented, meaning the same Jitter on the same fingers of right and left hand.

This is also how we understand the clinical trials are done.

In case duplication is done inside the controller towards 8 outputs, one could consider different Jitters for the respective hands.

In case of a controller with 8 outputs, one could consider a stimulation algorithm for 8 individual channels with 8 random Jitters.
Pdbuzzboard

Re: Going from 1 to 2 gloves

Post by Pdbuzzboard »

I have built a device with simultaneous stimulation of the fingers on both hands as well as gloves that operate independently. We have seen good efficacy with both configurations.

Return to “Discuss the 3 concepts from Base Document 1 [Tass 20170802]”